Ariel Compressors are used in a number of other critical services, including:
- Hydrogen Makeup and Recycle
- Feed Gas
- Hydrogen Production
- SynGas (HYCO)
- Chemical processing
- Hydrogen Storage
- Fuel Gas
API 618 Compressor Features
Designed in accordance with API 618 standards for critical process applications, Ariel’s process reciprocating compressors utilize field-proven, pre-designed components to provide the highest reliability and availability. This allows them to meet or exceed API 618 requirements for three years of uninterrupted service. Ariel’s approach to design and manufacturing takes advantage of standardized core components – allowing for full configuration on unique project requirements.
- API 618 Type C long two compartment distance pieces
- Precision tri-metal half shell bearings for crankshaft main and crankpin bearings
- Heavy-duty, forged steel crankshaft, precision machined with integral counterweights
- Horizontal balanced opposed throws
- One-piece ductile iron crossheads with direct full pressure lubrication at top and bottom for minimum wear
- Forged steel connecting rods.
Ariel’s moderate-speed process compressors operate in comparable piston speed ranges to long-stroke, slow-speed compressors. Ariel’s extensive product line supports a wide range of process applications.
Ariel's comprehensive line of moderate speed, reciprocating process compressors combine more than 40 years of research and development with the use of advanced design tools, field-proven installations and on-site experience. Ariel’s wide range of process compressors are designed to achieve or exceed three years of uninterrupted service, while meeting the most demanding industry requirements.